Residential Broken Spring Repair
If you’re having difficulty opening or closing your garage door, then your garage door spring may be broken or damaged. Broken torsion or extension springs can completely prevent you from being able to properly and safely open or close your garage door. When the garage door’s spring system is broken, it can be incredibly dangerous, and local St. Paul and Minneapolis, MN, homeowners should reach out to a trained professional to perform repairs immediately.
The experienced garage door repair technicians at Crawford Door Sales understand how disruptive and inconvenient a broken or malfunctioning garage door can be — that’s why we offer local Twin Cities area homeowners with same day and emergency 24-hour broken spring repair services.
Signs You Have a Broken Garage Door Spring
A garage door’s torsion or extension spring system is responsible for counterbalancing the weight of the door, allowing the opener to smoothly and steadily raise or lower the door. When a spring breaks, it’s often accompanied by a loud banging sound similar to a firecracker exploding. Other signs of a broken garage door spring include:
- Irregular, unsteady door movement
- Uneven, lopsided garage door orientation
- Visibly gaping spring coils or loose cables
- Incredibly heavy garage door
- Uncontrolled garage door movement that may close very quickly
Different Types of Garage Door Spring Systems
While there are several different types of garage door spring systems available, the most popular springs for residential garage doors are:
- Torsion springs: A torsion spring is a large coil mounted above your garage door — when the door is operational, the spring winds and unwinds in a controlled motion while sliding into a channel where lifting cables are attached.
- Extension springs: Extension springs are often used in tight garage door spaces because they’re installed on each side of the garage door versus overhead. When the door opens or closes, the extension springs expand and contract.
- Torquemaster: Wayne Dalton’s torquemaster spring system is a variation of the torsion spring system. A torquemaster features multiple smaller springs inside of the torsion tube with small plastic drums on each side of the torsion support bar.
Contact Crawford Door Sales to Schedule Garage Door Spring Replacement Services
Crawford Door Sales is Minnesota’s leading residential broken spring repair and garage door service professionals. We’re committed to providing all of our customers throughout the St. Paul and Minneapolis, MN, area with fast, dependable and hassle-free broken garage door spring repair services, complete with 90-day labor and part warranties. To schedule garage door repair services, fill out our online appointment form or call 651-455-1221 to speak to a team member.